Adult learners graduating from the IT Security+ & Exam Prep program are prepared for a cybersecurity career in Buffalo. CompTIA Security+ is a global certification that validates the basic skills necessary to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career. Graduates will be certified to:
- monitor and secure hybrid environments, including cloud, mobile, and IoT
- recommend and implement appropriate security solutions
- operate with an awareness of applicable laws and policies, including principles of governance, risk, and compliance
- identify, analyze, and respond to security events and incidents.
Highly qualified instructors and NYSEd- approved coursework are part of this 12-week, 120-hour course offered in-person Monday – Thursday from 5:30pm – 8:30pm.
Accepted students may need to take the prerequisite introduction CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+). This course is an introduction to basic IT knowledge and skills. The prerequisite course will take 6 weeks to complete before you can enroll in the IT Security+ and IT Technical Support Technician Programs
Jobs that use CompTIA Security+ are:
- Security Administrator
- Systems Administrator
- Helpdesk Manager / Analyst
- Network / Cloud Engineer
- Security Engineer / Analyst
- DevOps / Software Developer
- IT Auditors
- IT Project Manager
There are 15 seats available for this course. All accepted adults will receive a scholarship to cover 100% of the cost of tuition, books, labs, study modules, and certification exam fees.
Security+ & Exam Prep Curriculum
STUDENTS MUST COMPLETE REQUIRED COURSE WORK AND TAKE THE TWO
COMPTIA SECURITY+ CERTIFICATION EXAM TO GRADUATE FROM THE PROGRAM.
Fill Out the Pre-Registration Form
and/or Apply In Person at 1221 Main Street
Please bring your ID and high school diploma or HSE/Transcript with you to enroll.
All applicants take a Math and English assessment to enroll in the course.