About the career.
Do you have an eye for detail? Does medical “detective work” sound interesting? If so, then medical coding might be the career for you.
BCAT’s Medical Coder and Health Information Professionals program offers adults ages 18 and older the opportunity to gain the hands-on experience needed to obtain employment as a medical coder, medical records, medical biller, and coding specialist
- How to code using ICD-10-CM, CPT and HCPCS coding systems
- To use coding manuals and encoder software
- Medical terminology
- Medical records and health information (includes billing and health insurance introduction)
- Professional development (job readiness)
Learning to interpret patient health information from the medical record to assign the principal and secondary diagnoses and procedures and to assure they are sequenced properly to ensure reimbursement is the core of this work.
- Classes Start: January each year
- 9 Month Program & Internship
- Class Hours: Mon-Fri, 9-3 pm
- Identification, High School Diploma/HSE Required or High School Transcript
- August 1- November 17
- Testing is scheduled Mon-Thurs from 9-2:00 pm
- Covers tuition, books & national exam
Registration open until class is filled.