BCAT is a space for Inspiration and Aspiration.
Inspiration–the process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, especially to do something creative
Aspiration–a hope or ambition of achieving something.
I am a member of the BCAT Community.
Together we explore, create and connect.
We express ourselves through the art forms that inspire us.
- I express who I am honestly and authentically through my words, actions, projects and performances.
- I do not engage in any type of physical or emotional aggression, including bullying or fighting, at BCAT or in the greater community.
- I focus on my success in art and academic classes, at BCAT, and at school.
- I attend classes regularly, arrive on time, and commit to learn new skills and knowledge.
- I use what I learn at BCAT to set goals for my future.
- I respect all BCAT staff, teaching artists, youth and guests.
- I take care of the BCAT facility, including the kitchen area, all of the equipment, and supplies available to me during program.
- I only use cell phones and other electronic devices when they are allowed by teaching artists, or in a space that will not distract other youth.
- I represent BCAT when I perform or exhibit publicly.
- I am a youth role model for the greater Buffalo Community.
I come to BCAT with an open mind, ready to explore and experiment.
Together, as a collective of young artists, we inspire each other to learn, create, and express ourselves.